Donald Lawrence is a visiting professor and SME in capital markets and risk management and an advisor in the wholesale financial markets, working for financials, multinationals and public sector institutions on projects related to capital management, strategy, implementation of operational and technology process re-engineering and change management. DL maintains active affiliations with global academic institutions, regularly presenting guest speaker sessions at various industry forums.
DL serves as board advisor in both an industrial and academic capacity;
- UCL Future Leader industry use case,
- Chair of UCLFINDS & Director-Financial Markets Group,
- NED roles; board member & Head of Development Committee for ISP;
- PRMIA board member & Head of the Education Committee;
- Foundation for Fund Governance, Advisory board, Washington DC;
- MCSI designation - Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment
DL has experience in senior management positions based in the US, Europe, the Middle East and Asian regions for Citibank, Bank of America, American Express, and has been licensed by the NYSE, NASDAQ, SEC, and FSA, and affiliations with the ACI-FMA, AFME, CFA Institute, CISI, PRMIA, SIFMA.
DL served as a Lieutenant in the United States Military, and did his graduate work in International Business and Finance at City University.
Areas of Research
- FinTech Innovation
- Risks in High Frequency Trading
- Enterprise risk, corporate governance & comp
- Behavioural economics
- GS06/4026 Financial Institutions & Markets
- GF03/M003 Compliance, Risk & Regulation
- GS99/MSc Financial SSE Internship Project
- MSING043 MS&I Fintech Entrepreneurship