- The Department is a global leader in research in experimental computer science.
- Our academic staff are well known experts in their fields, and in the recent Research Excellence Framework evaluation, UCL Computer Science was ranked in first place ahead of 89 other institutions.
- We teach our students using state of the art equipment in a custom-built building in the heart of the London.
- Our degree programmes recognise the ever-increasing importance of computer systems in fields such as commerce, industry, government and science.
- Strong practical and analytical skills developed during your studies will leave you well-placed to meet the growing global demand for graduates in this fast-moving industry.
UCL is internationally well regarded and achieves consistently high rankings in external assessments and league tables.
The QS World University Rankings 2012 ranked UCL 4th best university in the World.
The curriculum for each of our degree programmes is continuously reviewed to ensure that it includes the latest discoveries and developments in the field – much of this is drawn from leading research undertaken by the staff who will teach you.
Because we have some of the top UK research groups in many fields, you will be supervised by academics at the very forefront of computer science
UCL’s location in central London offers outstanding academic, professional and social benefits. Internationally renowned resources, such as the British Library, are within walking distance; our strong links with industrial and professional bodies based in the capital provide real-world experience. Vibrant and exciting, London offers boundless opportunities for social and leisure activity.
Known for pioneering new approaches in education, your studies at UCL will provide a global perspective aimed at helping you identify, and potentially contribute to solutions for, problems and issues affecting the global community. Training in study and personal skills is embedded in our degrees, and our teaching embraces the most up-to-date approaches in e-learning as well as vital personal interaction in small-group or one-to-one tutorials.
Our students are selected on the basis of their talent and potential, irrespective of their social or national background. With around 35% of our students coming from outside the UK, UCL has a cosmopolitan, friendly and inclusive atmosphere.
We actively encourage female applicants on our degree programmes. There are several female lecturers and professors in the department as well as women on our research, administrative and technical teams. UCL is a member of the charter for Women in Science, and was presented with a Bronze Athena SWAN Award for its work towards the advancement and promotion of the careers of women in Science, Engineering and Technology.
Find Out More
Department of Computer Science, UCL (University College London)
Malet Place, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Phone: 020 7679 7214 (+44 20 7679 7214)
Fax: 020 7387 1397 (+44 20 7387 1397)