Travelling to UCL and the Department of Computer Science
Unless you have made prior arrangements, please do not drive to UCL - there is no parking available at UCL, and all on street parking in the Bloomsbury area is very expensive. We are within the congestion charging zone.
Getting to UCL by public transport
The map on the right shows the immediate vicinity. The nearest underground stations are:
- Euston Square (4 min walk, Metropolitan, Hammersmith and City & Circle Underground lines);
- Euston (5 mins, Mainline rail services, Northern & Victoria Tube lines);
- Goodge Street (2 mins, Northern line);
- Warren Street (5 mins, Northern & Victoria lines).
The nearest mainline stations are:
- Euston (walking distance);
- King's Cross St. Pancras (one stop on the Metropolitan & Circle lines).
Finding the Department of Computer Science
UCL Computer Science is primarily based in the Malet Place Engineering Building (MPEB) (view on map). We also have staff and research students at 66-72 Gower Street (view on map) and 1 Euston Square (view on map). These buildings are all within walking distance of each other but please check which building you need in advance to avoid delays.
UCL maintains a "routefinder" system and this is useful for finding the route to and from public transport stations and around the campus.
For the Malet Place Engineering Building (MPEB), the simplest way to find us is to enter UCL via the Malet Place gate (opposite Waterstones bookshop in Torrington Place). The MPEB is on the left after the Roberts (Engineering) Building. The Departmental Office reception area is on the 5th floor (5.25).