Projects at Computer Science
All taught programmes have a final project/ dissertation module, in which students carry out a substantial research project on a specific topic, which may be set by an external industry partner, for example via the Industry Exchange Network, or carried out in conjunction with another department in the university.
Each project will have a Project Supervisor who will advise the student in relation to the process of carrying out a project/ dissertation.
Project modules are not delivered in the same way as taught modules; there is no regularly scheduled teaching. Instead, students will meet with their Project Supervisor on a regular basis for advice and guidance, but are expected to self-organise and direct their own work.
Each programme has its own project module/s and will have particular arrangements in place for students to select from available projects or to submit their own ideas for project topics. Details of the project modules are available either via the module's Moodle page or via project guidlines that will be provided.
Undergraduate project modules:
- COMP0029 Individual Project for Year 3 BSc
- COMP0031 Group Research Project (BSc CS)
- COMP0138 Individual Project for Year 4 MEng (MEng CS; MEng MC)
Postgraduate project modules:
- COMP0064 Dissertation (MSc InfoSec)
- COMP0065 Project in Business Analytics (MSc BA(CS))
- COMP0073 Individual Project Report (MSc CS)
- COMP0091 Project (MSc DSML; MSc ML)
- COMP0097 MRes Computational Statistics and Machine Learning Dissertation (MRes CSML)
- COMP0098 Individual Project (MSc CSML)
- COMP0110 Research Project in Software Engineering (MSc SSE)
- COMP0111 Group Project in Software Systems Engineering (MSc FSE; MSc SSE)
- COMP0122 Research Project (MSc CGVI)
- COMP0125 MRes Dissertation (MRes WSBDA)
- COMP0126 MSc Thesis Project (MSc WSBDA)
- COMP0131 MRes Robotics Dissertation (MRes Rob)
- COMP0132 Robotics and Computation Dissertation (MSc RaC)