Information for employers
Advertising positions to our students
We are happy to promote paid job, graduate schemes and internship opportunities to our students. We recommend employers use UCL Jobline to do this. Jobonline is an online job board where employers can post vacancies for free where the job listing is under 25 words (to get a listing under 25 words employers are encouraged to add a link to their website with a more detailed description of the role).
Employers may also upgrade the listing to include a full description of the company and opportunities available for a cost of £154 + VAT. More details about Jobonline can be found here.
Once employers have posted a listing they will receive a confirmation email along with a link to the live post. If employers would like us to further promote these opportunities to UCL Engineering and the Department of Computer Science then please email this link to Kathryn Goodfellow and the Department's Communications Manager. For SME’s interested in offering ring fenced internships students please contact Kathryn Goodfellow who can offer further support.
Employers can sign up to Prism HR, a platform which enables companies to register, advertise job opportunities, receive student CV's and connect with university departments. To set up an employer profile sign up now.
UCL Engineering support for employers
Employers wishing to connect further with our students further please contact Mala Mohindru who manages employer relations and our events programme for UCL Engineering, and who is happy to discuss engagement. There is more information about the Faculty of Engineering and its careers provision here.
Employer Engagement Events
A series of weekly employer engagement events take place during term time. These are either Tech Talks which are delivered by industry experts from visiting companies, SME’s and entrepreneurs; or Skills Workshops which include CV clinics, mock interviews and mock assessment day sessions which are run by HR representatives from recruiters such as IBM and Morgan Stanley. Employers interested in taking part and presenting to students can contact email@example.com.
Other ways to advertise
The UCL Careers Service provides a range of services for recruiters who wish to advertise jobs, internships and similar opportunities to our students. This includes:
- UCL Alert! - targeted email service to promote opportunities
- UCL Talent Bank - shortlisting service matching students to opportunities
- Placements and Internships - targeting students from various academic programmes
- Other Ways to Advertise - posters, temp agency, UCL Union, UCL Voluntary Services Unit
If you would like to promote your vacancy immediately to our students, we recommend that you start with the UCL JobOnline (see above) or UCL Alert services. UCL Alert is a targetted email service that helps you to advertise career opportunities through targeted emails to UCL students/graduates, or to students/graduates from all colleges within The Careers Group, University of London (including UCL). Targeting criteria for UCLAlert include degree discipline, preferred career option, degree class and year of study. There is a small fee to send a UCL Alert - more details can be found by following the link above.
Pertinent information about our students for employers
- Our students are particularly encouraged to undertake summer internships to gain valuable work experience for future employment. Students are available during the Summer vacation which runs from approximately June to September each year.
- Precise information about term time dates can be found here.
- None of our courses are currently 'sandwich' courses, hence year long internships are generally not available to our students.
- Our students have exams in May. Students are very busy with academic studies during and before these exam periods.