Advertising positions to our students
The UCL Careers Service provides a range of services for recruiters who wish to advertise vacancies. In particular, short descriptions of vacancies can be placed automatically on the JobOnline facility.
Employers can also advertise using the Department's Graduate Jobs Index. (Please note we only post adverts for jobs and internships related to engineering and technology, and/or those requiring a Computer Science degree. Adverts for other posts may be directed to the UCL Careers Service JobOnline facility above). Please email adverts in either plain text or PDF format to the Departmental Careers Tutor, Nicolas Gold with 'job advert' in the subject line. Please include the following information:
- Name of employer
- Place of work (address)
- Full time or Part time
- Permanent or fixed term (if fixed term, please state for how long)
- Hours of work
- Job description
- Person description
- Salary or salary range
- Contact details for anyone who is interested in the position
Your advert will be directly forwarded onto the Graduate Jobs Index. Students like to know how much they will earn so it is best to give a range rather than just stating 'negotiable' - although this range can be as broad as you like and 'depending on experience'. The Jobstats web site can be used to obtain information about competitive salary rates for different IT jobs.
Pertinent information about our students for employers
- Our students are particularly encouraged to undertake summer internships to gain valuable work experience for future employment. The students are available during the Summer vacation which runs from approximately June to September each year.
- Precise information about term time dates can be found here.
- Weekly timetables for our students can be found here.
- None of our courses are currently 'sandwich' courses, hence year long internships are generally not available to our students.
- Our students have exams in May. The students are very busy with academic studies during and before these exam periods.
We are happy to offer our industrial partners enhanced access to our students
We can support the following recruitment initiatives:
- Specific company presentations, where companies may send representatives to talk to students and explain career progression within their organisation.
- Sponsorship of careers events such as CV workshops and Mock Interview Clinics.
- Initiatives to raise companies profiles amongst the students through internships, joint projects and competitions.
- Advertising of job opportunities through targetted mailshots to students, in additon to advertising on the Department's Graduate Jobs Index.
Contact Steve Marchant for more details.