Undergraduate Degrees - Keyword Search
MSc Degree Programmes
Specialist Degrees for Computer Science Graduates only:
- MSc Business Analytics
- MSc Computational Finance
- MSc Computational Statistics and Machine Learning
- MSc Computer Graphics, Vision and Imaging
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Financial Systems Engineering
- MSc Financial Risk Management
- MSc Human-Computer Interaction with Ergonomics
- MSc Information Security
- MSc Logic, Semantics, and Verification of Programs
- MSc Machine Learning
- MSc Robotics and Computation
- MSc Software Systems Engineering
- MSc Web Science and Big Data Analytics
- MSc Computer Science: Mahidol University, Thailand
Generalist Degrees for NON-Computer Science Graduates only:
Computer Science related Degrees:
Postgraduate Degrees - Keyword Search
MRes Degrees Programmes
Like our MSc programmes, MRes programmes are one calender year but with more emphasis on research through a longer research project and a corresponding reduction in the number of taught modules. MRes's are therefore an excellent preparation for entering a PhD programme, indeed many Doctoral Training Centres (DTC's) such as our DTC in Financial Computing have an initial MRes training year. We will be offering a number of competitive scholarships for our PhD programmes that those taking our MRes programmes will be eligible to apply for.
We currently offer:
PhD Degree Programmes
- PhD programme: allows students to conduct research in any of the wide range of specialities.
- EngD programme: run in collaboration with the Bartlett School of Architecture and focuses on research in Virtual Environments, Imaging and Visualisation.
- UK PhD Centre in Financial Computing: UCL in collaboration with the London School of Economics (LSE) and the London Business School (LBS) and twenty leading financial institutions have been awarded £7m (€8m) by the UK Government to establish a national PhD training centre in Financial Computing.
- UCL SECReT: the new £17m national centre for PhD training in security and crime science at University College London, the first centre of its kind in Europe.
- UCL EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Medical Imaging: offers a 4 year programme in Medical Imaging. There is a strong focus on new image acquisition technologies, novel data analysis methods and integration with computational modelling.
Research Degrees - Keyword Search
MSc Open Day 15 February
Join us for our MSc Open Day to find out why UCL is now the top-rated university in the UK for research in Computer Science, meet the brightest minds who deliver worldclass teaching and experience our exciting facilities.
The day will begin with a series of talks from teaching and research staff, followed by degree programme specific breakout sessions, and opportunity to chat to programme directors and current students over drinks and nibbles.
MSc Human-Computer Interaction Open Evening 24 February
Find out more about our postgraduate programme in Human Computer Interaction (HCI). UCLIC offers full-time and modular-flexible study options to gain an MSc/ PGDip or PGCert in HCI that is highly regarded by employers in the User Experience/ User Research fields. At the open evening you will meet with lecturers, current students and alumni and find out about our teaching and research. To attend the event please complete the online registration form.
We are one of the world's best universities, consistently placed in the global top 20 in a wide range of world rankings. Currently we are 5th in the QS World University Rankings, and 4th in Europe in the Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic World Rankings. UCL has a global outlook, nearly 40% of our students come from over 150 countries worldwide – UCL enjoys a friendly and cosmopolitan atmosphere. We also support ambition; UCL Advances, our centre for entrepreneurship, offers networking and business support, and the chance to win start-up funding for UCL students seeking to start their own business.
Top class facilities
UCL is home to the largest educational Stock-Trading Floor in London, where real-time data feeds from major global stock exchanges recreate the excitement an investment bank trading floor. Students can also experiment in 3-D our Immersive Virtual Environments Lab, which uses high-resolution stereo-pair images, projected in real-time on three walls and the floor, to recreate virtual scenarios. Computer facilities include a multi-apps studio lab installed with touch screens and local device connectivity; a 3-D lab with 3-D printing connectivity; and a 300-user cluster virtual lab which students can use remotely. Most recently, the new £1m UCL Jill Dando Institute Research Laboratory has opened. This secure data analysis centre allows sensitive and confidential datasets to be brought into UCL so that they may be worked upon by researchers in a secure, controlled environment, and has been accredited by UK Government.
Our graduates are particularly valued because of UCL’s international reputation, the Department’s strong links with top industry partners, and an ideal location close to the City of London. Throughout the year we offer a programme of careers events aimed at sharpening the key skills needed to improve students’ employability. Students engage with employers throughout their course; they have the opportunity to work on real-world projects with industry clients, are awarded industry prizes, and attend guest lectures delivered by leading industry experts. 95% of our graduates find work or further study six months after graduation, and a Computer Science graduate enjoys an average starting salary of £32,120 (according up-to-date graduate surveys). Recent graduate destinations include Microsoft, IBM, Google, Cisco, Deutsche and JP Morgan. Other graduates find positions in the growing tech start-up community in London, or go on to further academic study at UCL, at other top institutions in the UK or overseas.
UCL Computer Science has always had a big impact – notably establishing the first connection to the precursor of the internet outside the U.S. Today UCL is ranked #1 for Computer Science in the UK (2014 Research Excellence Framework); 61% of research is rated ‘world-leading’, 96% ‘internationally excellent’. Our research makes a deep, lasting and sustained impact on today’s society. Code written at UCL is used across all 3G mobile networks for instant messaging and videoconferencing; medical image computing has led to faster prostate cancer diagnosis and has developed tools to help neurosurgeons avoid damagingessential communication pathways during brain surgery; and our human-centred approach to computer security has transformed UK government’s delivery of online security.
“UCL is recognised as an institution of excellence, employers notice it on your CV which gives you an edge.”
Diogo Norinho, Data Scientist.
“UCL’s industry internsh