MSc Degree Programmes
Specialist Degrees for Computer Science Graduates only:
- MSc Business Analytics
- MSc Computational Finance
- MSc Computational Statistics and Machine Learning
- MSc Computer Graphics, Vision and Imaging
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Financial Systems Engineering
- MSc Financial Risk Management
- MSc Human-Computer Interaction with Ergonomics
- MSc Information Security
- MSc Logic, Semantics, and Verification of Programs
- MSc Machine Learning
- MSc Robotics and Computation
- MSc Software Systems Engineering
- MSc Web Science and Big Data Analytics
- MSc Computer Science - Mahidol University, Thailand
Generalist Degrees for NON-Computer Science Graduates only:
Computer Science related Degrees:
MRes Degrees Programmes
Like our MSc programmes, MRes programmes are one calender year but with more emphasis on research through a longer research project and a corresponding reduction in the number of taught modules. MRes's are therefore an excellent preparation for entering a PhD programme, indeed many Doctoral Training Centres (DTC's) such as our DTC in Financial Computing have an initial MRes training year. We will be offering a number of competitive scholarships for our PhD programmes that those taking our MRes programmes will be eligible to apply for.
We currently offer:
PhD Degree Programmes
- PhD programme: allows students to conduct research in any of the wide range of specialities.
- EngD programme: run in collaboration with the Bartlett School of Architecture and focuses on research in Virtual Environments, Imaging and Visualisation.
- UK PhD Centre in Financial Computing: UCL in collaboration with the London School of Economics (LSE) and the London Business School (LBS) and twenty leading financial institutions have been awarded £7m (€8m) by the UK Government to establish a national PhD training centre in Financial Computing.
- UCL SECReT: the new £17m national centre for PhD training in security and crime science at University College London, the first centre of its kind in Europe.
- UCL EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Medical Imaging: offers a 4 year programme in Medical Imaging. There is a strong focus on new image acquisition technologies, novel data analysis methods and integration with computational modelling.
Top class facilities
UCL is home to the largest educational Stock-Trading Floor in London, where real-time data feeds from major global stock exchanges recreate the excitement an investment bank trading floor. Students can also experiment in 3-D our Immersive Virtual Environments Lab, which uses high-resolution stereo-pair images, projected in real-time on three walls and the floor, to recreate virtual scenarios. Computer facilities include a multi-apps studio lab installed with touch screens and local device connectivity; a 3-D lab with 3-D printing connectivity; and a 300-user cluster virtual lab which students can use remotely. Most recently, the new £1m UCL Jill Dando Institute Research Laboratory has opened. This secure data analysis centre allows sensitive and confidential datasets to be brought into UCL so that they may be worked upon by researchers in a secure, controlled environment, and has been accredited by UK Government.