ACADEMIC TIMETABLES 2015/16
The academic year starts on Monday 28 September 2015 and is accessed via the UCL online timetable web page. Each week in the timetable has a corresponding number. Week number 1 is the week each year which contains the 1st of September, so for the purposes of interpreting this year's timetable, induction week is week 5 and the teaching timetable begins in week 6. Once you have accessed a timetable you use the 'change display' tab to filter to a single week, a whole term or the whole year.
There are several different ways you can access the information within the system:
1. Your Personal Timetable
To access your personal timetable you need to log in to the online timetable with your ucl userid and password. Your personal timetable displays the modules you are registered for in Portico. Students are automatically registered for modules compulsory to their programme so you will be able to view these in your timetable straight away. Your option choices will only appear in your personal timetable once you have registered for them in Portico. There is a link from the 'select your modules' screen to the timetable, so you can check that your option choices do not clash with your compulsory modules before you select them. Once you select and confirm your options in Portico, they will appear in your timetable the following day. If a module selection is rejected or deleted in Portico, it will be removed from your timetable the following day.
Each event that appears in your timetable has a listed type, 'lecture', 'practical', 'problem based learning'. You should attend ALL lectures. Where you are automatically assigned to a smaller group such as a practical or problem class by the department, only the group you have been assigned to will appear in your personal timetable. Until you have been allocated to a particular group, you will be able to see all the groups.
Modules where students will be automatically assigned to groups are as follows:
- COMP101P Principles of Programming (Lab A, B, C or D)
- COMP102P Theory I (Problem Class 1 or 2)
- COMP103P Object Oriented Programming (Lab A, B, C or D)
- COMP105P Robotics Programming (Lab A, B, C or D)
- COMP204P Systems Engineering Project I (Lab A, B or C)
- COMP205P Systems Engineering Project II (Lab A, B or C)
- COMPGC01 Programming (Lab A, B or C)
- COMPGC02 Apps Design (Lab A, B or C)
If you find that the group you have been assigned to clashes with one of your option choices, please see Teaching and Learning Manager in room 5.21 Malet Place Engineering Building to change groups.
For Computer Science modules not listed above, there may be multiple practicals and problem classes that you can attend at any of the times listed. For these modules, ALL practicals and problem classes associated with each will appear in your personal timetable. You may not need to attend all of them, so please make sure you take a careful note of any arrangements for labs and problem classes that your lecturer announces at the first lecture for each module.
To access your personal timetable go to www.ucl.ac.uk/timetable and log in with your UCL userid and password.
2. Custom Timetable
You can use the custom timetable tool to check where potential option choices are timetabled.
To access the custom timetable go to www.ucl.ac.uk/timetable. You need to know the full module code in order to find a timetable for it - full instructions are available on the UCL timetable page.
3. Degree Programme Timetables
You can access degree programme timetables from www.ucl.ac.uk/timetable, however quick links to the timetable for each computer science programme are below. Each link is associated to a query which will retrieve lectures, practicals, seminars and problem classes for each programme for the WHOLE YEAR; to navigate to term one or term two, or to a particular week, you need to click on the 'change display' button.
Undergraduate Programme Timetables (will be updated for 2015/16)
- BSc Computer Science First Year
- BSc Computer Science Second Year
- BSc Computer Science Final Year
- MEng Computer Science & CS International Programme First Year
- MEng Computer Science & CS International Programme Second Year
- MEng Computer Science & CS International Programme Third Year
- MEng Computer Science & CS International Programme Final Year
- MEng Mathematical Computation First Year
- MEng Mathematical Computation Second Year
Generalist Master's Programme Timetables (will be updated for 2015/16)
Advanced Master's Programme Timetables (will be updated for 2015/16)
- MSc Computational Statistics & Machine Learning
- MSc Computer Graphics, Vision and Imaging
- MSc Financial Risk Management
- MSc Financial Systems Engineering
- MSc Information Security
- MSc Machine Learning
- MSc Networked Computer Systems
- MSc Software Systems Engineeing
- MSc Web Science and Big Data Analytics
4. Exam and Revision timetables
- 2015/16 Timetable of revision lectures late April 2016 (available mid-late March 2016). The timetable of revision lectures is produced by the Department of Computer Science and will not appear in the UCL online timetable.
- 2015/16 Examination Timetable (this is produced by the UCL Examinations Office and will be made available via Portico in mid-late March 2016)
5. Maps and locations of teaching rooms
INDUCTION TIMETABLES 2015/16
Induction week timetables for 2015/16 are now being prepared and will be available shortly. For urgent queries in the meantime, please contact your programme administrator.
[New students please click to access timetables of induction activities. These timetables relate to induction activities only, most of which take place in the week commencing Monday 28 September 2015.]